Family Wellness Chiropractic Center
Beth Kiser, D.C.
1875 North Ridge Road Suite A
Lorain, OH 44055
March 16, 2020
At Family Wellness Chiropractic Center, your health is always our number one priority.
As we continue to provide care to our patients, we have implemented measures to increase the cleaning and sanitizing practices in our office, which includes all treatment surfaces, common areas and frequently touched surfaces, like door knobs, sign in areas, etc.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms,
SHORTNESS OF BREATH
You should refrain from coming into the office, limit your exposure to other people, and reach out to your primary care physician/local emergency department to determine your risk level and next steps.
It is estimated by epidemiologist that a large majority of those in the US could become exposed to the coronavirus. However, it is important to understand that it will not affect all individuals the same. For the majority of individuals, contracting the virus is expected to be similar to coming down with a cold or flu virus, followed by recovery. Symptoms for many will be mild to moderate. However, for individuals of advances age, with complicating conditions or challenged immunities, it could cause more severe sickness or possible death.
Measures taken by state and local officials have been based on emerging information as well as trends experienced in other areas that have already been exposed. In Ohio, the coronavirus is expected to peak in exposure and confirmed cases sometime in April. Cancellations of school and other events, and restrictions on gathering sizes, have all been done in an attempt to reduce the number of people that will become sick and to reduce the strain on the healthcare system so that resources are available to those who need it
In these unprecedented times of uncertainty, what can you do to improve your health and reduce the risk for you and your family? Here are some suggestions that we recommend:
1. Drink plenty of water
2. Eat healthy, nutrient rich foods
3. Get plenty of rest/sleep
4. Take daily vitamins, include those that known to support your immune system
5. Get fresh air. As the weather changes, open windows and get outside as much as possible
6. Incorporate daily physical activity and stress reduction techniques like meditation into your routine
7. Get adjusted
8. Avoid large crowds and people exhibiting signs of fever and cough
9. If you don’t feel well, stay home and limit your interactions with other people
10. Wash your hand frequently
11. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, unless you are certain your hands are clean
12. Cough and sneeze into the crook of you elbow
13. Don’t panic. Stay informed with accurate information
If updated information changes the way that we are able to deliver care, we let you know.
Otherwise, the doctor and staff at Family Wellness Chiropractic Center remain committed to serve you.